Cooked Classic v2.4.3
Updated January 12, 2018
- FIX: Previous/Next links were reversed.
- FIX: Fixed some pagination issues.
- FIX: Fixed a timer CSS issue.
- FIX: A quick fix for Full-Screen mode.
- FIX: Fixed a PHP Warning on some pages.
- IMPORTANT: The "Browse Recipes" page now needs a
[cooked-browse] shortcode on it. It will simply load this page content, so feel free to add any content you'd like above or below the shortcode!
- IMPORTANT: The "Profile" page now needs a
[cooked-profile] shortcode on it. It will simply load this page content, so feel free to add any content you'd like above or below the shortcode!
- NEW: Cooked no longer requires a page template to display your recipes. It will simply replace the content area of the default post template.
- NEW: Support for WordPress 4.6!
- FIX: Fixed the pagination bug.
- FIX: Lots of other little bug fixes throughout.
- NEW: The Short Description and Additional Notes fields are now full text editors.
- NEW: Added option to disable the "Account" tab on the Profile page (WooCommerce)
- NEW: Added option to hide the Ingredient checkboxes.
- NEW: Added option to hide the Direction step numbers.
- FIX: Google Structured Data issues have been resolved.
- FIX: Fixed a few issues with tags.
- FIX: Fixed an issue with the recipes overlapping eachother on load.
- FIX: Updated to support WordPress 4.5.
- FIX: Fixed the Pinterest sharing description issue.
- FIX: Added "Share" to Facebook like button.
- FIX: Searching for recipe tags now functions properly!
- FIX: FontAwesome updated to 4.6.
- FIX: Fixed a Structured Data issue for recipes with no reviews.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where the [cooked-browse] shortcode wasn't working on Posts.
- FIX: Fixed an IE issue with the taxonomy select boxes on the Submit a Recipe form.
- FIX: Fixed some shortcode conflicts with certain themes.
- FIX: Meta description now uses Excerpt instead of Short Description.
- FIX: Meta description now disables HTML to prevent broken headers.
- FIX: Recipe measurement "count" text is now hidden on the recipe. ("2 bay leaves" instead of "2 count bay leaves")
- FIX: Fixed an issue with the Recipe Builder where items were being removed and/or reordered.
- NEW: FitVids now loads with the plugin to prevent video squishing on mobile.
- FIX: Fixed a small issue where errors wouldn't show up when editing a profile.
- NEW: [DEVELOPERS] Added filters for the image sizes so they can be adjusted (cp_image_size_large_width, cp_image_size_large_height, cp_image_size_medium_width, cp_image_size_medium_height, cp_image_size_small_width, cp_image_size_small_height)
- NEW: New plugin update server has been implemented.
- NEW: Direction images will now open a larger version when clicked.
- NEW: Added default Category, Cuisine, Cooking Method and Sorting options for the "Browse Recipes Page" display.
- NEW: A very obvious full-screen popup now displays when a timer is complete.
- NEW: Replaced recipe Direction checkboxes with numbers.
- NEW: Administrators and Recipe Contributors can now comment on their own recipes (Administrators on any recipe) WITHOUT needing to leave a star rating.
- NEW: Added a setting to fix a duplicate comments issue with some themes.
- NEW: "Detailed Mode" is now the default view in the backend recipe editor.
- NEW: Removed images completely from print view to save space.
- NEW: [DEVELOPERS] Added a "cp_social_sharing_links" filter to replace social sharing links on top of recipes with your own.
- FIX: Fixed a bug when searching for recipes from a recipe page other than the first page.
- FIX: Fixed the Google Structured Data error with recipe reviews.
- FIX: Fixed a bug when using both "Visual Composer" and "Yoast SEO" with Cooked.
- FIX: Fixed a bug where archive pages didn't work for some recipe list templates.
- FIX: Fixed a bug in the Cooked email function.
- FIX: Fixed a bug when updating the settings page.
- Cleaned and reorganized the file structure.
- In this cleanup release, all recipe queries have been adjusted to use WP_Query() instead of query_posts().
- Cleared out unused images and switched some images to FontAwesome icons.
- Moved Social Buttons and Recipe Actions to a section above the recipe to fix the Facebook popup issue.
- Updated language file.
- FIX: Fixed a bug with [cooked-recipe] and [cooked-recipe-card] where the author name would show incorrectly.
- FIX: Fixed a PHP error showing up on some installations.
This version of Cooked fixes a few bugs and simplifies several aspects of the plugin. Please review the following carefully before updating so you know what has been changed and/or removed.
- CHANGED: Replaced somewhat broken "SHARE" button with standard social buttons.
- REMOVED: Responsive Breakpoint settings.
- FIX: Fixed some masonry recipe layout issues (especially at smaller sizes).
- FIX: Fixed the "Email" button.
- FIX: Fixed a recipe tags issue.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where "Prep" and "Cook" titles would show up even if no times were entered.
- FIX: Broken "full-screen" and "favorite" options removed from embedded recipes.
- FIX: Fixed some more email encoding issues.
- FIX: Fixed some other buggy things.
- FIX: Security update to remove the add_query_arg() and remove_query_arg() vulnerability.
- FIX: Fixed some encoding issues with emails being sent out.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where the password would be reset (and broken) when updating a profile.
- FIX: Fixed an issue with the new prep/cook sliders (Firefox) and the time display.
- NEW: Added two checkboxes to show/hide the "Website" and "Short Bio" in the user profile.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where cook/prep times were not showing up.
- FIX: Rearranged the Submit a Recipe form putting more important items at the top.
- FIX: Removed the custom select box styles throughout, it was messing with too many themes.
- FIX: Fixed an issue in IE 11 where you could choose the recipe template in the Settings panel.
- FIX: Replaced the jQuery UI drag slider with a mobile-friendly one (front-end).
- FIX: Fixed an issue where admin ratings were not displaying.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where the recipe panels would not align properly on smaller pages.
- FIX: Fixed the recipe widget to show top rated recipes in the correct order.
- NEW: Added a new Reviews & Comments option for "Admin Reviews w/Default WordPress Comments" to allow default commenting (so you can enable Disqus comments, etc.)
- FIX: Stopped saving ingredients as posts. This was causing a lot of issues with the Detailed Entry mode. The instant ingredient search won't work anymore, but it was a needed trade-off.
- FIX: Lots of translation issues throughout, be sure to update your language files for the new strings!
- FIX: Stylistic issues fixed throughout.
- FIX: Lots of bug fixes throughout.
- FIX: Did some CSS reworking to hopefully fix some stylistic issues with certain themes.
- FIX: Fixed the video lightbox sizing issue.
- FIX: Removed "Total Time" to display both the "Prep" and "Cook" times instead.
- FIX: Added "Yields:" text next to the "Yields" value.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where recipe meta values would get deleted in Quick Edit mode.
- FIX: Adjusted the size of the rating stars to fit better on all screen sizes.
- FIX: Fixed a profile link issue with usernames containing a period and/or underscore.
- FIX: Fixed an issue with the max cook/prep time sliders in the Settings panel.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where child themes would not display the chosen recipe template properly.
- FIX: Fixed some styling issues with the Pending list.
- FIX: Fixed an issue with the Pending count showing up in the wrong spot.
- FIX: Fixed an issue with direction images getting stretched.
Cooked 2.0 is here!
This is a huge update! Check out the list of new features and fixes below:
- NEW: Added a "Detailed Entry" mode to both the ingredients and recipe directions for admin-created recipes. Includes the much requested "Image Per Direction" feature!
- NEW: The Recipe RSS Feed got a major overhaul. It now includes the image, serving size, short description, ingredients, directions and additional notes.
- NEW: Drastically improved the Recipe Search Capabilities. It is much faster and more accurate now.
- NEW: Added a custom email template with the ability to customize the email header image/content.
- NEW: Added a "Pending Recipes" page to quickly view and approve/delete incoming recipes.
- NEW: Added a "Recipe Limit" to limit the number of recipes a user can submit.
- NEW: Added an "Auto-Publish" option to allow users to submit recipes that are automatically published to the site.
- NEW: Added support for the "Really Simple CAPTCHA" plugin to add captchas to registration and recipe submission forms. Just install and activate!
- NEW: Updated the registration form to simply ask for "First Name", "Last Name" and "Email". It now sets up an account and sends the user a welcome email.
- NEW: Added an option to change the category, cuisine and cooking method slugs.
- NEW: Added an option to make the star rating optional.
- NEW: Added new attributes to the [cooked-browse] shortcode to filter by category, cuisine and/or cooking method. You can set the sort order as well!
- FIX: Admins can now set ratings to zero again (if Admin Reviews is turned on).
- FIX: The "Receipe Excerpt" is now saved as the "post_excerpt" for full excerpt support (with RSS feeds and other plugins, etc.)
- FIX: Fixed an issue where the "Display Name" wasn't showing properly in comments, etc.
- FIX: Fixed an issue when a user registers with a space in the username, it breaks the profile page.
- FIX: Recipe image now shows up in print view.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where in rare cases a user's profile link wouldn't work.
- FIX: Fixed an issue with the "Print" button not working in Cooked shortcodes.
- FIX: Fixed a registration issue from 1.4.4, sorry about that!
- NEW: Moved recipe images to use Featured Image instead of a custom image field.
- NEW: Added thumbnails to Recipe post list in the admin.
- NEW: Added an "Excerpt" field (replaces the "Short Description" on the list views if entered)
- FIX: Added more missing translations.
- FIX: Fixed login redirect with invalid credentials.
- Much bigger updates coming soon!
- FIX: Fixed a pagination issue on the archive pages.
- FIX: Hide the "Edit Recipe" block on print screen
- FIX: Now showing empty categories, cuisines, and cooking methods as options in the submit recipe form.
- FIX: Made the cook times NOT required in the submit recipe form.
- NEW: New "horizontal" recipe card style shortcode (add style="horizontal" to the shortcode).
- FIX: Private recipes are now hidden from widgets.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where the search box would not work properly when two of them were on one page.
- FIX: Moved the customization CSS files to the uploads folder so the plugin files don't need to be writeable anymore.
- FIX: Fixed the pagination on Recipe archives (category, cuisine, cooking method).
- NEW: Users can now edit their own recipes.
- NEW: Users can now make their own recipes "public" or "private".
- NEW: Added custom upload field styling.
- NEW: Added a [cooked-recipe-card id=1234] shortcode for displaying a recipe card anywhere.
- NEW: Added a "stacked" option to the [cooked-search style="stacked"] shortcode option to show a stacked search box.
- NEW: Added a new widget to display the recipe search box (in stacked style).
- NEW: Re-coded register form to include a password field.
- NEW: Removed the color scheme functionality and replaced it with WordPress color pickers.
- NEW: If you choose to hide certain elements, those related fields will now also be hidden on the front-end submit form.
- NEW: Moved reviews above the review comment box instead of below.
- NEW: Reviewer names are now linked to their profile (if they are a registered member and a profile page is selected in the settings).
- FIX: Fixed messy dropdown arrows on iOS devices.
- FIX: Made the review avatars match the custom user avatar (if one is available).
- FIX: Fixed an issue where the taxonomies wouldn't get saved from a front-end submission.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where the Nutrition Facts were overlayed in print-mode.
- NEW: Added the [cooked-search] shortcode to display the recipe search box anywhere you need it.
- NEW: Added the [cooked-directory] shortcode. You can now display a list of all users that shows number of recipes, favorites, reviews, etc.
- NEW: Users can now update their avatar from the Edit Profile tab.
- NEW: You can choose to show the author's avatar next to their name on recipes.
- NEW: The front-end submission form now allows more than one selection for category, cuisine and cooking methods.
- NEW: Added default "blank" images for recipes without images.
- NEW: Print button now opens in a new window for better printing.
- NEW: Added two new recipe layouts for page templates with sidebars.
- FIX: Added a few missing translations.
- FIXED: An issue where in some themes (including Basil), the recipe image would disappear at certain widths.
- Many more updates coming in v1.3, this is just a minor release. :)
- NEW: Added options to set the max times for Prep and Cook time sliders.
- FIXED: You can now use ANY page slug for the Profile page (not just /profile/).
- FIXED: Masonry layouts now work in areas less than 900px.
- FIXED: A small checkbox issue in the Settings screen.
- NEW: Added some widgets! Single Recipe and Recipe List with sorting options.
- NEW: Added Difficulty Levels (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced)
- NEW: Added the ability to hide/show Category, Cuisine, and/or Cooking Method
- NEW: Added a field for "Additional Recipe Notes" for displaying sources, cooking tips, etc.
- NEW: Added shortcodes to display the Recipe Browser, Profile and a Single Recipe.
- NEW: Added the option to make recipe actions (print, favorite, full-screen) "Premium" features, which means the user is required to be logged in to use them.
- NEW: Added WooCommerce integration. If you have WooCommerce installed and active, the "My Account" page content will show up as a tab on the Profile template.
- NEW: Added recipe tag support.
- More bug fixes related to commenting
- NEW: Front-End Submissions (includes a setting to choose the user roles who have access and a custom form for submissions).
- NEW: User Profiles that can display submitted recipes, recent reviews and a favorites list.
- NEW: An "Edit Profile" tab on the Profile page for logged in users to edit their name, email, website, bio, and update their password if needed.
- NEW: Added video support to recipes. Just add a video link and it will add a lightbox video popup icon to the recipe image.
- NEW: Added a [cooked-login] shortcode to display a login form. Great for the default Profile page.
- NEW: Added a “Nutrition Facts” block.
- NEW: Added options to toggle certain recipe information items like rating, timing, categories, etc.
- NEW: Added a bunch of Rich Snippet improvements. Your recipes will now show up with a photo, rating and more in search results!
- NEW: Added the ability to change the "recipe" slug in the URL to something else entirely.
- NEW: New Settings panel with tabbed interface.
- FIX: Fixed issue with the pagination when Browse Recipes view is set as the homepage.
- FIX: Fixed the update conflict with free "Cooked" plugin on WordPress.org, sorry about that!
- Minor stylistic updates throughout.
- Fixed issue where it would always show the recipe template on a single post